Don’t you just love all the seasonal goodies that appear in the grocery store in the fall?
More specifically, don’t you love all the pumpkin goodies that appear in the grocery store?! I’m sorry that my second dessert post is another pumpkin one. Well… I’m not sorry. But I am sorry if you’re not a pumpkin fan. Get this though, you don’t have to use pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses– you can use any kind of Hershey Kiss! But I think the pumpkin spice ones are awesome. And they only come once a year.
So I saw these while grocery shopping the other day, and they immediately went into my basket. I didn’t know right away what to make with them, but thinking of a recipe for these little pumpkin gems wasn’t too difficult.
Before long, I was reminiscing over these Hershey Kiss cookies my mom and I used to bake. I didn’t even realize they were a well-known cookie, but after asking my mom for the recipe this week, she told me they’re called Peanut Butter Blossoms. Oh, I’ve heard of those. 🙂
Ours were a little different though. We made them in a mini muffin tin so that the chocolate gets submerged in the cookie and becomes melty and gooey. YUM. Not to mention cute!
The best part of making those adorable chocolate cookie cups was getting to eat the Hershey Kisses while unwrapping them. Unwrap a few, eat one, unwrap a few, eat one… You know, I had to make sure they tasted okay. 😉
So here’s my take on a childhood favorite!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies in
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 bag Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses (or any other kind of Kiss)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a large bowl. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the dry ingredients– flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, roll them in sugar, and set them in a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes, press in the Kisses until the cookie cracks. Bake another 2 minutes.